With the exception of occassional “guest posts,” if any, I own the content on this Web site. It is copyrighted in my name. I wish to strike the appropriate balance between getting my content widely distributed while at the same time protecting my intellectual property rights. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
You May Do Without My Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2020, Karen Leong. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.karenleong.com.”
You May Not Do Without My Permission
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use the content on my site for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often cannot tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting you the permission to do so.
In addition, I do not allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages, since it is not possible for me to validate the quality of the work / translation.
Guest bloggers, if any, retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. I cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
If you have some use for my content that is not covered here, please email us.